I’ve been getting through a ton of my Marked For Later fic by having the Voice Aloud Reader app read it to me. If you also have a backlog to work through, I fully recommend mixing this in with your audiobook/podcast rotation.
- Galaxy Quest | OC, team | G | To Hollywood and Beyond
A fan wins a walk-on role for the latest Galaxy Quest film.
- Galaxy Quest | OC, ensemble | T | Doctor Yra’tka
Medic number two gets a surprise on the set of Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues
- Galaxy Quest (1999) – Alexander Versus Fandom – Chapter 1 [Archive of Our Own]
Five fan interactions that flopped and one that got a curtain call.
fic:five times,fic:socialmedia,series:galaxy quest,genfic
- The Murderbot Diaries | ART, Murderbot | G | name pending
ART and Murderbot are magical beings who can be compelled by their true names. Turns out those true names aren’t as set-in-stone as people thought.
- The Murderbot Diaries | ART, Murderbot, SecUnits, crew | T | The Price of Happiness
Murderbot finds out about some new options to solve the logo problem. There may be some consequences and ART isn’t on board with the idea.
- The Murderbot Diaries | ART, 3 | G | Uncatalogued and Uncategorized
SecUnit 3 discovers that a hot shower is a good place to work out tangled thoughts.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART | G | Threat as Greeting
I pull close to it in the feed, and say, “You were lucky.”
The rogue SecUnit reacts, physically and in the feed. It sits bolt upright, and a wave of fear ripples off of it like a [cloud of micro-debris], or like an [emergency evasive maneuver that grinds a planet’s upper atmosphere]. It’s unpleasant. It’s unfamiliar. I capture the data, store it, and start chewing on it immediately.
ART meets Murderbot, from ART’s POV
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART, Mensah | T | In Control
Four times having a governor module fucking sucked, plus one time [REDACTED: FILE MISSING].
(Or: Murderbot has Emotions for 8,000 words. ART tries to help. So does Dr. Mensah, but like, in a decidedly less assholish way.)
- The Murderbot Diaries | Mensah, Pin-Lee | G | DATA FILE: goodbye.txt (0.2 MB)
Adya doesn’t read the message immediately.
She’s the first one up. Her team is exhausted and still recovering, but they’re safe. And SecUnit is safe and whole, and she’s going to make sure no one ever gets the chance to hurt it again.
In which Dr. Mensah realizes she deeply screwed up.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Mensah, team | G | Dr. Mensah is Jacked
It was a beautiful day on the survey planet and Dr. Mensah was a jacked survey team leader and planetary admin.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot/Gurathin, Mensah, team | T | The Long Emergency
AU: Trapped on the survey planet when the last emergency beacon fails, Murderbot and the PreservationAux team scramble to survive deadly fauna, cruel weather, scarce resources, and GreyCris’s armed hunting parties. In a gruelling ordeal spanning two planetary years, Murderbot becomes closer to its humans than it ever thought possible.
- The Murderbot Diaries | ART, Murderbot | T | Fake Marriage AU, Obviously
No fake marriage au in this whole fandom, so I guess I gotta write it myself. Be the change you want to see in the world and all that. Anyway here’s the time Murderbot fake married ART…kind of.
- Hellsing | Alucard, Seras | T | Vampire Lessons
Things that definitely happened when Alucard was teaching Seras how to vampire.
- Hellsing | Alucard, Integra, fae | G | My Appletree, My Brightness
Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, the brand new head of the Hellsing Organization, just wants a moment away from pretending she’s not a twelve year old girl too busy to mourn her father and the vampire that makes that task exponentially harder. She steals away into the woods behind the estate to find even a moment’s peace.
She instead finds that there is far more lurking in the dark than vampires.
- Hellsing | Alucard/Integra, Seras, Dracula, Van Helsing | M | Timeless
Finally reunited after so many years of waiting, Integra, Alucard and Seras have to face a new obstacle. Lost in time they end up in Victorian London, only to find that they are not the only ones abducted from their present. What spell was able to work such powerful magic and how can they return to their own time?