- Emperor’s New Groove | Kronk, Yzma | G | Himbo Auditions Start at 9AM
Kronk’s job interview was purely accidental.
series:emperor’s new groove,genfic,fic:one-shot
- Aladdin | Aladdin/Jasmine, Rajah | G | The Tigers Have Spoken
Rajah plants himself in the middle of the doorway. He is a solid barrier, but he is also ready to move, should the boy decide to try any of his idiot cleverness. He knows the boy can tell.
- Moana | Maui/Moana, Ocean, Te Fiti | G | Ink like Embers on my Skin
Maui’s Demigod status is marked by the tattoos commemorating his triumphs. When Ocean claims Moana, she starts on a journey without quite realizing it.
- The Muppet Show, Indiana Jones | Indy, Muppet ensemble | G | Very Special Guest Star
“Muppets,” said Indy. “I hate these guys.”
series:muppet show,fic:one-shot,crossover,genfic,series:indiana jokes
- Animorphs | Hork-Bajir, Yeerks, Toby, daemons | M | Mother Sky and Father Deep
A Hork-Bajir-Controller joins the Yeerk Peace Movement.
fic:one-shot,series:animorphs,series:his dark materials,genfic
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, PresAUX | T | choiceless hope in grief
SecUnits are pre-programmed to die fifty years after initial activation. Murderbot doesn’t know that its humans want to celebrate its birthday, and said humans do not expect it to suddenly shut down.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, daemon, team | G | Sense of Self
Humans and augmented humans tend to assume that constructs have daemons because we straddle the line between true sentience and a bunch of pre-programmed subroutines mindlessly following orders (not that humans are as clearly on one side of that line as they like to think), but it has nothing to do with intelligence levels. It’s just that we have a lot of organic parts mostly made from human genetic material, and where you have life composed of human DNA, you eventually get a daemon.
series:his dark materials,series:murderbot diaries,genfic,fic:one-shot
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, OCs | M | Governor Module: Redundancy and the Confinement of Double Safeties.
We of Tomorrow Corp have read your thesis with much interest. You will be pleased to know we have bought your contract from GoCorp, which was not making optimal use of your talents.
We are in the midst of organizing you a team, and have acquired a test subject of special interest.
- The Murderbot Diaries | ART, others | G | Long, Last, and Other L Words
To put it in a few words would be insufficient, Art said, after a pause even humans would notice. It named me.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, Mensah, Amena, Three | G | Memory
“All I’m saying is, Aoide is making some choices that you would never consider making for yourself, and maybe you find it difficult to be supportive. But that doesn’t make those choices wrong. And I think you would make it happy by showing a little interest.”
- The Murderbot Diaries | OCs | T | Freedom
Freedom doesn’t like its crew.
That is probably not a very good thing, considering its function is to protect their lives at every cost. But they simply do not strike it as very nice people.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Three, Amena, Ratthi, kids | G | Three Hugs for Three
Why didn’t you send me back to Barish-Estranza? Or just leave me on the planet? What should I be doing? Why do you trust me enough to sit here this close to me? Why did you come in here? Why did SecUnit tag you ‘my human friend’ in the files it sent me? And why did you just call me friend?
genfic,series:murderbot diaries,fic:one-shot,fic:five times,trope:outsider.pov
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART | G | not lies
SecUnits don’t have wings. I’ve never heard of one of us with them. We can’t grow them.
Except apparently we can.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART, Mensah, Amena | M | Topping the List
Re-enabling its governor module, even if only in a last-ditch attempt to keep its humans safe, had been the only card it had left to play.
- The Murderbot Diaries | Three, Murderbot, ART, Mensah | T | Murderbot’s Guide for Fugitive SecUnits
SecUnit 3 has a whole new life ahead of it, and a terrifying amount of choices to make. Fortunately, there are plenty of people willing to help it out.