- Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, Mensah, family | G | but would you trust it with your children (yes, always)
Good luck, ART repeated snarkily. I did the feed equivalent of flipping it off, then stared down at the child, who stared back up at me.
- Murderbot Diaries | human OC | T | Running Process
I was trying to imagine what Preservation’s covert operations organization would look like. Then I got to the line in Fugitive Telemetry about how “[b]eing the top Preservation expert in dealing with contract law in the Corporation Rim apparently made Pin-Lee like the CombatUnit version of a lawyer” and it clicked.
- Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART | T | Five Times ART Gives Me a Present and One Time It Gives Me a Breakdown
ART is REALLY good at giving its crew presents that improve their well-being. It is less good at doing this for its SecUnit, but Murderbot isn’t going to say anything about that. Up until the “huh, my mutual administrative assistant is trying to turn me back into a company SecUnit” anxiety gets to be too much to handle, that is.
genfic,fic:five times,pairing:art_murderbot,series:murderbot diaries,trope:trauma
- Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, Bharadwaj | G | reclaimed, refurbished, repurposed
Murderbot picks up some new drones, and does not project its insecurities onto them.
- Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, Gurathin, Ratthi | G | Watch Party
“Is he here for you?” Gurathin asked SecUnit. Ratthi glanced between them both.
Its face worked through a complicated series of emotions. “I don’t know yet.”
“What has he done since he arrived?”
“Signed up for housing and wandered around. Now he’s ordering food.”
- Murderbot Diaries | Murderbot, ART | G | Iterative User Testing
Murderbot’s buffer is becoming a problem.
- Moon Knight | Marc, Jake, Steven, Khonshu | G | Stolas Might Approve
Marc is a very unenthusiastic owlet. Steven is on the fence. Jake’s just in it for the cuddles from bird-dad.
- Moon Knight | Steven/Marc(/Jake), Layla/Marc/Steven, Nat, Clint, Sam, Avengers | M | moon-scented knight
Khonshu has Marc track down and steal his old bone charms from under the Avengers’s noses. Except the bone charms have an insignificant side-effect of making regular people handling them lose their minds. The Avengers decide Marc must be their next supervillain or something.
series:moon knight,fic:chaptered,series:marvel comics,pairing:marc_steven,pairing:layla_marc,pairing:marc_steven_layla,pairing:marc_steven_jake,trope:polyamory,trope:hurt-comfort,trope:outsider.pov
- Moon Knight | Jake, Steven, Marc(/Layla) | T | integration
Jake has to step up when Steven steps back. This is much easier said than done.
- Moon Knight | Layla/Steven, (Layla/Marc) | T | an invisible distance
In her limited experience of the man before her, he always seems to be moving as if driven by a motor, the relentless tick-tick-tick of a wristwatch — brimming with eagerness; usually gesturing broadly while a flurry of words tumble out of him, monologues on history, poetry, language ….
- Moon Knight | Steven, Marc/Khonshu | T | These Sacred Rites
He had been watching that old documentary on the Valley of the Kings last night and got a bit too involved in it. That was it, that had to be why this dream looked, felt, even smelled so real.
- Moon Knight | Marc/Steven/Jake, Steven/gods | M | from these hands (your sins will bloom)
“Very well, Steven Grant,” he said, as Steven started thrashing once he felt fingers sinking deep into his rib cage, reaching for a heart that didn’t exist. “I will let you play god for once, and in return, an eternity you cannot escape from.”
- Moon Knight | Steven, co-workers, Marc | M | scanned
The paramedics came to collect Steven about five minutes later. They kept the towel pressed against his head even as they fit him into the neck-brace and secured him onto the stretcher. They were nice, but had the same forced sense of ‘oh yes, everything’s fine, don’t be alarmed at all that you’re being loaded up into an ambulance to go to hospital because you’ve cracked your head open and possibly broken your back’. It didn’t really do much to calm Steven down.
- Moon Knight | Steven, Marc | G | I Count Heartbeats
Steven has never experienced sleep paralysis. Marc helps him through it.
- Moon Knight | Marc, Steven, Khonshu, Layla | M | Throwing the Voice
Khonshu staggers to the (how do they function on such pathetic limbs) body’s feet and lumbers awkwardly to the nearest mirror. It isn’t hard, the narcissists have them all over.
“No,” he says, as he pulls at flesh with squat, sausage-meat fingers. “No. This is an illusion. It is not real.”
We don’t know what happened, either, Steven-him says, the voice still annoyingly like being hit over the head repeatedly with something he has no external frame of reference to truly compare it to.