(1) Sign this petition to have the United States recognize the KKK as a domestic terrorism organization. (It is shameful that we haven’t done this already.)
(2) Do a few of these things suggested by the Brady Campaign. They’re fighting the good fight against the US’s gun problem, against a coalition of weapons dealers who are hell-bent on making it easier to sell things.
(3) Pick up the facts about the death of Sandra Bland, who was jailed for three days because she failed to signal a lane change and then found mysteriously dead in her cell. Be horrified. Look for local protests. If you’re in the Massachusetts area, there’s one in Boston this Tuesday.
(4) Read this essay, written from experience, about how medical care is frequently icky and uncomfortable. And don’t let people demonize Planned Parenthood on the grounds that, in the process of providing medical care, they do things that are icky and uncomfortable.
(5) Ask your representative to co-sponsor the Save Oak Flat Act. An eleventh-hour addition to the end of a “must-pass” military spending bill traded 2400 acres of Arizona federal land to a foreign mining corporation — including a sacred site for local Apache tribe members. Because why would the US waste an opportunity to screw over Native Americans for profit?
(6) On a brighter note, celebrate that workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation is officially illegal across the country. Not even because of a new law — but because the EEOC ruled that it falls under the jurisdiction of the 1964 Civil Rights Act! (Because you can’t discriminate based on sex, and we’re finally acknowledging that that’s what’s happening if you’d fire a woman for dating a woman, but wouldn’t fire a man for the same reason.)
(7) All of the above is US-based stuff, so here’s something that’s hopefully doable anywhere: browse the free-to-download section on the Big Finish website, and help yourself to whatever looks good.