I’m going to totally break the chain-meme component of this, but I’ll answer the questions on the post I was tagged in anyway.
1. Do you still keep in touch with friends you had before high school?
A few! Mostly in the form of liking each other’s Facebook posts.
2. What is one skill or physical ability (within typical human capabilities) that you’d like to acquire?
Composing music. I love writing new lyrics for existing songs, but don’t have the talent with notes and instruments to come up with new ones.
3. Do you consider yourself an artist, or rather, someone who happens to do art, and what leads you to this conclusion? (No need to answer if you don’t do art at all.)
An artist. Because I do a lot of art, on a regular basis, and would miss it if I wasn’t able to. (For contrast: I’ve knitted a couple of scarves, but I haven’t done any knitting in years, and don’t feel any pull to get back to it. So I’m not A Knitter, just someone who happens to have knitted.)
4. Do you have a food you like that most people you know hate or won’t try? If the latter, do you think their unwillingness is reasonable or not?
Black jelly beans! If other people don’t like them, that’s fine — more for me. Regular bags of jelly beans often don’t even include them any more…but in exchange, they sell bags that are 100% black jelly beans. I am all over this deal.
5. Suppose that when you die, your soul will reside forever in a place from your past. What would you like that place to be?
If I’m existing in that moment/reliving events: CTY from when I was 16. If I’m just floating around the general area: Christchurch, New Zealand.
6. What’s your favorite language and why? (Not necessarily one you understand.)
How am I supposed to pick one? Languages in general are fascinating. IDK, ancient Sumerian seems neat.
7. What would you put on your personal coat of arms?
Cats rampant. Some Sailor-Moon-related motifs. The quartered pattern of the Hellsing coat of arms. Forest green and gold.
8. What artistic medium do you most admire?
I bow to anyone who can create complex, subtle, detailed works in watercolor.
9. Would you rather be poor or unloved?
Depends. Does “unloved” mean I don’t get any positive social interaction at all? Or does it just mean nobody will be in love with me, maybe I won’t have deep lifelong tell-each-other-everything kinds of friendships, but people will still leave nice comments on my fanart and so on? Because I’d take the latter.
10. Sunrises or sunsets?
Sunrises. They remind you to go to bed.
Friends & followers, if anyone wants to answer these same questions, take the meme and run with it.